Saturday 23 February 2013

Dragon

I messed around with the order a bit again and this piece of work is something I went back to at the end once I had spare time but is relevant to the fire section of the development. It is one of the pieces of work that I'm most proud of from during this project. I had planned in my timetable to do a drawing of a dragon and/or lion and since I had the time thought I may as well do the drawing of the dragon too.

I'd been looking into buying Letraset Promarkers for a while but was always put off due to their high price. Fortunately I'd recently bought a large selection of colours of Sharpie markers and a good price and learnt that they could be blended in a similar way to the Promarkers. Before using them for my dragon drawing I wanted to experiment first and drew a couple of daffodils with them to try out the technique.
Daffodil drawing
Once I was confident with the technique needed I begun work on the dragon drawing. I drew the outline in fineliner and then used a combination of Sharpie pens and charcoal to add the shading and tone.

Outline

Final outcome
I'm particularly proud of the outcome of this, especially since it's in a different style to the rest of my work - much more illustrative - and is done using a medium I have little previous experience with.

No comments:

Post a Comment