Saturday 23 February 2013

The Little Mermaid

Continuing with my development of the water section and influences from my mythical research, I thought an appropriate thing to draw would be a mermaid as that's the first mythical creature that comes to mind when I think of water. I firstly prepared the background of the page with bleach and ink.

Background in bleach and ink
Then using an image I'd found in my research as inspiration I drew out the mermaid outline in pencil, before adding in all the details in blue fineliner. The fineliner was just a really cheap one from Asda, so I think it's quite good how well the drawing has turned out and shows you don't always need expensive equipment.

Outcome of the mermaid drawing
One thing I'm quite proud of in this drawing is the detail in the detail, especially since it took forever to sit there crosshatching it all! Something I'm less pleased with though is the outcome of the face as I've drawn on too many lines, making the mermaid look old/weathered.



No comments:

Post a Comment