Friday 19 October 2012

Bubblewrap Birds

For this project I am trying to be more organised than I have been throughout the rest of my art course so I made a timetable illustrating what I plan to do each week. For the first 4 weeks I'm spending a week doing research on each of the elements; the first one being air. In my timetable I also roughly planned what I would be doing each week to keep the work flowing and have a logical record of my thoughts and processes.

Seeing as the first element was air, I wanted to try and choose media and materials that relate to that element as well as using images from my original research to inspire my work. I chose to continue using the bird silhouettes that I drew in my original collage only this time to paint them onto bubble wrap because of its connection to air (the bubbles all contain air). I drew and shaded in the silhouettes using black sharpie marker pen as this was one of the few media that worked well on the plastic and then painted the sky background using acrylic paints, but to add more atmosphere to the painting I also added in colours of yellow, pink and green.

Bubblewrap Birds

 I chose to display this piece of work in a frame that I had at home already as I thought it would be a good way to finish it off and I think that the gold of the frame is a complimentary colour. I like to think this piece of art could be used as interactive art as the bubbles in the bubble wrap can be popped by viewers thus releasing the air from them. Furthermore, I think it would be fascinating for it to be done on a massive scale, such as in a gallery or warehouse to that visitors would have the opportunity to pop the bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment