Monday 22 October 2012

Bubblewrap Bird Printing

I was inspired by the use of bubblewrap and the bird silhouettes so I continued to investigate these ideas further. Firstly I used my painting to do printing with, by painting block printing ink over the silhouettes of the birds and printing with it; at this stage it was difficult to see which areas I had put ink and difficult printing with bubblewrap as it was a new technique. My favourite outcome of this was the one that I printed onto paper I had previously prepared with a wash of blue and white acrylic paint to give a sky effect - the image of this is below.


Bird Prints

Next I took a new piece of bubblewrap onto which I outlined two larger bird silhouettes again using sharpie marker pen and I used these to print with using block printing ink in the colours of black, white and purple. I experimented with mixing two colours onto the bubble wrap and with doing 2 prints on a page to produce a shadow effect - the image of this is below.

Bird Prints with Shadows




No comments:

Post a Comment