Friday 23 November 2012

Car Drawing and Spray Paintings

I furthered my research into air by going on to draw a car as it was one of my original research images and I felt the fumes and emissions it creates relate it to air. I drew the car on textured wallpaper, using charcoal, to give it a more rugged feel. In the area of the car I overlaid tracing paper with a fineliner drawing to give the shapes and tones more definition.


Using this drawing as a guide I went on to create a stencil to use to further my experimentation with spray painting. This was much more difficult and time consuming than I anticipated, due to all the different shapes and tonal variation. I just picked out the areas of darkness and planned to use black spray paint and then in the development section make a stencil to show the areas of light which I would spray with white spray paint.

Stencil laid out (don't know how to rotate)

Car spray paint



No comments:

Post a Comment